.

.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Black Friday & Holiday Madness

Black Friday and the real start of holiday shopping is just a few days away.

So starts my annual Mass Unsubscribe as my normally quiet-ish email inbox suddenly springs to life with endless and continuous messages to BUY! BUY! BUY!

I don't care if I am normally in love with whatever it is you're hawking, send me one too many emails suggesting I purchase this, that, or the other thing and it's over between us.

Still, as an artist who sells things, this time of year always brings on this weird, pervasive feeling of guilt along with this realllllly annoying little voice in my head that says "You know, you probably should be pushing your stuff a little more.  Artwork is such a great gift - people need to be reminded of that.  Not to mention the gift certificates you offer as a way to purchase your artwork."

Yet I remain frozen; unable to bring myself to add to the deluge of consumeristic insanity happening now during the holidays.

But I would like to sell some stuff...which every year leaves me stuck in this conundrum.

And then I will eventually just shrug my shoulders, maybe send out one newsletter, and get on with counting the days until the holidays are over.

Yes, that's right, I am not a holiday lover.  I start to feel true Christmas spirit and begin to love Christmas at about 5pm on Christmas Day and that feeling continues into the next day, December 26th, which is when I personally feel the joy everyone's been talking about for months leading up to the big day.  I adore December 26th.



      photo Sharon sig with heart dragonfly butterfly waltz font1_zpsgxy5knqy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be automatically deleted without being read.
We only accept comment from posters who identify themselves. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...