.

.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

I Didn't Come Here For This

This morning I sat down at my laptop with my first cup of coffee of the day and starting scrolling through Facebook - this is my morning routine.
I've gotten really good at weeding out the crap I don't want to see or her about which is the stuff that stresses me out and interrupts my goal of having a pleasant life.
I also have an app installed that allows me to enter words or phrases to filter out that I don't wish to appear in my news feed.

I am so thankful for whoever designs those kinds of apps and lets me use them...for free, no less.
I hope they know the service they are providing to my well-being.

Unfortunately, because there are now myriads of potential land mines in the let's-be-offended-about-every-single-thing climate that we now live in, I would have to quit my day job (if I had one) to spend each day thinking about and adding all of the words and phrases I don't want to her about. So occasionally some things I don't want to see will slip through and that happened this morning.



I follow a very famous artist who makes really happy artwork.
I follow her because I like to be happy and I like artwork.
I do not follow her because I want to know about her political beliefs.
I do not follow her because I want to know what offends her.
I do not follow her because I want to know anything other than her pretty artwork.

Sadly, she doesn't care what I follow her for.

You see, she has fallen victim to I KNOW YOU STARTED FOLLOWING ME FOR MY ARTWORK/MUSIC/WRITING/ACTING/COOKING/ETC BUT I NOW HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT SOMETHING POLITICAL/SOCIAL THAT I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHY YOU FOLLOW ME...
and, by God, is she ever going to let you know about it because she has a gazillion followers and - wow! - isn't it so great that she can use all of them to foist her opinion(s) on them even though that is not why they follow her at all.


Talk about being an opportunist.

Talk about bait and switch.

Talk about getting hoodwinked.

One more thing to add to the list and unfollow.
I'm pretty sure that pretty soon there won't be much left to follow.

I wish this kind of thing would stop but in a world of I MUST BE INDIGNANT ABOUT EVERY SINGLE THING...it doesn't seem likely.

Please feel free to save this image and share it accordingly.
#StopPoliticizingEverySingleThing
#IDidntAskForYourOpinion
#StopTalkingPlease

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be automatically deleted without being read.
We only accept comment from posters who identify themselves. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...