.

.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I Actually Won Something



Do you ever win stuff?

I never do.

Most of the time I don't bother to enter to win anything because I'm positive that it won't be me who wins the thing...

except when I do enter and I do win!





On Sunday I was shopping with my daughter in the greatest gourmet grocery store that ever existed, Rastelli's in Marlton, NJ.


We were out having a fun shopping day in the Marlton area which is where we usually do the majority of our shopping because I live in Really South Jersey or RSJ.  If you live in or are familiar with RSJ then you are aware that we have more abandoned grocery and other stores than we do functioning ones. When you drive around RSJ you will find yourself saying things like "oh look, that used to be a (insert nationally known store name)" or "I can't believe there used to be a (insert nationally known store name) here."
You would think that being that RSJ is, in fact, an actual part of the Great State Of New Jersey - that I am so proud to be a native of, by the way -  that we would have the amenities that are rife in the other parts of this state.  

You would be wrong.
Like my Italian father used to say, we got ugatz.


This man is probably from North Jersey


Although we do have this:

Jack & Coke with your Grand Slam Breakfast?  No problem!

Anyway, Rastelli's.
Rastelli's is in South Jersey which is completely different than Really South Jersey (RSJ).  South Jersey (SoJ) has everything you could ever want.  It's a 45-60 minute drive for us but worth it.  I'm not kidding about the RSJ thing; down here is like stepping back in time which is both a great thing and a not so great thing, depending on the circumstance.  Like, we have no traffic in RSJ because there's not a lot to drive here for.  We like it that way.  We don't mind driving a bit to get to where the stuff is because the trade-off is that we get to live where it's peaceful.
When I lived in North Jersey (NoJ) for the first 20 years of my life, I had no idea that SoJ or RSJ existed.  Not kidding.  Those were just places you drove through on the Turnpike on your way to Florida.  North Jersey and South Jersey/Really South Jersey are worlds apart.  Worlds!
There are raging debates that still go on between the North and South except they're happening right here in New Jersey.  For example*, the ongoing war over what to call various things such as sub sandwiches vs hoagies.  Pork roll vs. Taylor Ham.  Philadelphia Eagles vs. NY Giants.
Yes, I know neither team have anything to do with New Jersey in their name but it's a regional thing.
South Jersey is close to Philadelphia so SoJ people align with all things Philly.
North Jersey is close to New York so NoJ people align with all things New York...except the NY Giants play in New Jersey so bonus points for that.

I just reread this and realized that if you are not from this region you are thoroughly confused right now and I probably had too much coffee this morning.

I also realized that, man, I can go off on tangents, can't I? 😛

So back to Rastelli's!...

We were shopping for gourmet everything while sipping on what was probably the best cappuccino I ever had, when we saw a display for a huge gourmet basket giveaway.  On a whim, we entered. Two days later they called to tell me I won this:

Whoa.

I can't even unwrap it.  It's so pretty.  And big.  And chocolate-y.
I'm going to let it just sit there in the middle of the kitchen for awhile so that every time I walk in there I see it.

I like to give props to people/places that deserve it - especially local places and/or small businesses - and I'd like to use this blahg to do so when applicable so if you go to Rastelli's, here's what I can personally recommend:
Cappucino
Fresh pressed juices made to order while you wait (I order my favorite: Beet/Carrot/Apple)
Brussels Sprouts w/pecans from the deli area
Sushi
Steaks
Cheese and olives from their extensive selection
Bread - oh my goodness do they have bread!
Beautiful bakery items

I'm confident that no matter what you get there it's going to be good...and I'm not saying that because I won something from them.  On a scale of 1-10, I genuinely give them a solid 10.


   photo Sharon sig with heart dragonfly butterfly waltz font1_zpsgxy5knqy.png

*Bold items is where my allegiance lies.  If you say "hoagie" in front of me, I will smack you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will be automatically deleted without being read.
We only accept comment from posters who identify themselves. ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...